Selecting the right valve goes beyond understanding the function it needs to serve. It’s also important to factor in cost efficiency, durability and maintenance considerations. Various industries make use of ball valves for a variety of purposes. Conventional valve materials cannot meet the demands of all industrial applications. Where they fail, high-performance ceramic materials open new opportunities. Ceramics prove to be beneficial wherever standard materials reach their limits with respect to wear resistance, corrosion, and high temperatures.
Different types of ball valves might be needed for specific purposes. Our unique ceramic ball valves are cost effective, durable, corrosion-resistant, and efficient. It also does not require a lot of maintenance. Before you decide which type of ball valve you need for your situation, you should first determine what the ball valves function will be.
A distinction should also be made between an automatic and a manual ball valve. The manual ball valve is one that typically has a handle that is turned to facilitate the flow of liquid. The automatic version facilitates the liquid flow on its own using an electric or controller. Choose the type of ball valve you need carefully. Make sure it is the most cost efficient and durable ball valve for the purpose and use you have chosen.
Ball valves are available in a wide variety of design, materials, temperature and pressure requirements. So, careful considerations should be made while selecting a ball valve for your application. A ball valve may have two, three or even four ports. Most ball valves are 2-way and manually operated with a lever. The lever is in line with the pipe when the valve is opened. In closed position, the handle is perpendicular to the pipe. The ball valve flow direction is simply from the input to the output for a 2-way valve. Manually operated ball valves can be quickly closed and therefore there is a risk of water hammer with fast-flowing media. Some ball valves are fitted with a transmission. The 3-way valves have an L-shaped or T-shaped bore, which affect the flow direction.
Automated ball valves are used in many industries for many purposes. There is not one rule that determines when you should use a particular type of ball valve, but there are some generic rules you can follow.
Why use a ball valve
A ball valve is known for its durability, simplicity, and excellent sealing properties. They provide excellent shutoff even after years of service. This makes a ball valve an excellent choice as a shut off valve. They also provide better resistance to contaminated media than other valves. Ball valves are not commonly used as control valves due to its less precise flow control. However, they are cost effective and can be used in applications that do not require precise flow control accuracy.
Ceramic Ball Valves vs. Solenoid Valves
- Cooling tower bleed-off is the flushing of a portion of high mineral concentration cooling tower system water down the drain, while simultaneously replacing it with fresh water. This process dilutes the system water mineral concentrations that steadily increase due to water evaporation. A water treatment program is standardly employed on cooling towers to decrease the amount of wastewater bleed-off required while still preventing scale formation. This is achieved by increasing the saturation point of the system water using a scale inhibitor treatment. By increasing the saturation point, more minerals can exist in the system water and remain in the solution of the water without falling out of solution and forming scale.
- Agriculture. It is important to irrigate a garden regularly and consistently. This requires discipline and costs time. Most irrigation systems operate with a main supply pipe that branch to different zones. That is why many people use automatic irrigation systems. With a ball valve, sprinkler system and irrigation system control become easy. Whether you are installing a new system or just doing a repair, Allmech offers ceramic ball valves to control water flow, increase the efficiency and performance of irrigation system. Our 3-way valve offers the opportunity to redirect water flow automatically.
- Water treatment. Water treatment processes improves the quality of water to make it appropriate for a specific end-use. Water treatment are often use in drinking water, industrial water supply and irrigation. Common valves used for water treatment include gate valves, butterfly valves, check valves and ball valves.
Ceramic Ball Valve Benefits
- Cost effective option with various materials and connection options.
- Low maintenance with minimum chance of blockages.
- The ceramic ball valves are durable and longer lasting.
- More effective time control on ceramic valve.
- A double union is fitted standard on the ceramic ball valve allowing for easy installation.
- The stainless steel valve body is made of an acid and alkaline resistant stainless steel, making it applicable for use with water, air, oil, acid and alkaline corrosive mediums, and low viscosity fluids within the chemical industry.
- Ceramic core ball valves have a self-balancing design that creates very low torque while operating.
- These valves open or shut flow passages through the rotation of the output drive. Compared to other valve types, this valve is capable of withstanding a higher pressure, higher temperature, and has wider media compatibility.
- The ceramic ball valve has the advantage of small flow resistance, good corrosion resistance, good wear resistance and long lifetime.
Design ConsiderationsBall valves are available in a wide variety of designs, materials, temperature and pressure requirements. So, careful considerations should be made while selecting a ball valve for your application.
- Port: Determine if the nature of your application requires 2-way or more ports.
- Actuation method: Depending upon the efficiency and remote operation required for the application, a ball valve can be manually, electrically or pneumatically actuated.
- Bore size: Determine the diameter requirement for your flow. Most common ball valves have a reduced bore design, but a trunnion ball design supports valves with large diameters (>100mm).
- Pressure: Ensure the valve can withstand the maximum pressure required for your application. A high-performance ball valve designed especially for industrial purposes can support the pressure range up to 1000 bar.
- Temperature: Ensure that the valve used can withstand the maximum temperature requirement for your application. A specially designed ball valve may support temperature up to 400°C.
Runxin Ceramic Ball Valves have a self-balancing design that creates very low torque while operating. These hermetically sealed valves have extremely high corrosion, abrasion, and chemical resistance to stand up to the toughest water treatment challenges.
The ball ceramic core and seats are made in pair to ensure zero leakage. Allmech offer a range of Runxin Ceramic Ball Valves in various drive styles including manual, electronic and time controlled. Our ball valves are ideal for water saving systems, industrial automatic control systems, automatic small application sewage systems, environmental protection projects, water supply and drainage, food and water treatment, and irrigation systems.
Ranges offered by Allmech include 20 – 50 DN:
- Plastic manual valves
- Plastic electronic valves (2 and 3Wire)
- Plastic electronic valves with programmable timer (3 Wire)
- Plastic electronic valves (3 Wire 3 Way)
- Metal manual valves
- Metal electronic valves (2 Wire)
- Smooth operating action due to low torque mechanism.
- High corrosion, abrasion, and chemical resistance
- Accurate fitted ball valves and seats
- Various materials and connection options
- Lifetime guarantee on ceramic internals
Allmech offers an array of manual ball valves, each of which is equipped with standard locking handles. Valve body materials include stainless steel and PPO.
Plastic Manual Valves
Stainless Steel Valves
Electric ball valves are used to open and shut flow passages through a rotating output drive. Compared to other valve types, electric ball valves are able to withstand a higher meter, high pressure, and higher temperatures. They are also compatible with a wide array of media, including water, air, oil, acid, and alkali corrosive mediums and low viscosity fluids in the chemical industries.
Plastic Electronic Ball Valves – 2 Wire
Wiring diagram – 2 Wire
Plastic Electronic Ball Valves – 3 Wire
Wiring diagram – 3 Wire
Plastic Electronic Ball Valves – 3 Wire 3 Way
Wiring diagram – 3 Wire 3 Way
Plastic Electronic Ball Valves – Time Setting
Wiring diagram – Time setting
Stainless electric ball valves are a two-way valve made using 316 stainless steel. They are compatible with an extensive array of media, including water, air, oil, acid and alkali corrosive materials, and low viscosity fluids in the chemical industry.
These valves open or shut flow passages through the rotation of the output drive. Compared to other valve types, this valve is capable of withstanding a higher meter, higher pressure, higher temperature, and has wider media compatibility.
Wiring diagram – Time setting
- The power adapter must match with the valve model
- During installation, the flow direction should be the same as the symbol “⇒” indicated on the valve body.
- As a factory default, the power reset valve is normal closed.
- Each valve have specific water quality requirements, filtration would be require for particles bigger than 0.2mm